Jewels with freshwater or saltwater pearls: the differences
In the world of jewelry, there are river pearls and those of the sea. If the former are found in fresh water, the others live in salty environments such as the ocean. Both types have specific advantages and it is often difficult to decide which type is the most suitable for our jewellery.
If you still haven't figured it out yet differences between freshwater pearls and saltwater pearls, we'll explain it to you! Only by knowing the specific characteristics of each variety, you will know how to orient yourself in the right choice, without any difficulty and choose the jewelery with Bronzallure pearls more suitable for your style.
Why Choose Pearl Jewelry?
Necklaces, earrings, bracelets and rings: thanks to pearls numerous jewels are created that we have all been wearing for entire generations. Classic and elegant, these accessories are useful for giving a touch of elegance to the most jaunty look, to make it immediately sophisticated or to simply enhance a décolleté for an important event. Choosing them is never easy, since many factors affect the shape and color, first of all the difference between freshwater pearls and saltwater pearls.
Where do sea pearls come from?
The salt water pearls they are larger in size than freshwater ones, as well as being available in a more restricted range of shapes and colors. Their provenance comes from oysters that live in environments such as the ocean. World production comes mostly from countries such as Japan, China and Australia. There are 3 main types of salt water pearls:
- The pearls Akoya: the most common type that comes from the Akoya oyster;
- The pearls of the South Seas: they are the largest and come from South Sea oysters;
- The tahiti pearls: it is the rarest type and derives from the black-lipped oysters of French Polynesia.
River pearls: origin and types
The freshwater pearls they typically occur smaller in size than saltwater fish, but in a wider range of shapes and colors. Cheaper than sea pearls, are those that are commonly used in the creation of bijoux and are formed by freshwater molluscs, present in lakes, rivers and ponds. Most of river pearls they are grown in China, but also in the United States, Japan and other parts of Asia. For creating freshwater pearl jewelry, different forms are used:
- to currency;
Bronzallure freshwater pearl jewellery, femininity and elegance
Bracelets, earrings, necklaces: you are spoiled for choice. Bronzallure uses the best ones river pearls cultivated to create creations with a unique and original design. We are talking about the timeless charm of an elegant and sophisticated jewel, capable of enhancing even the simplest look by giving a classic and chic touch to the outfit. Thanks to the Golden Rose alloy, each accessory made in Italy has a unique character. These are original prototypes, hypoallergenic and nickel-free.
In the range of jewelry with freshwater pearlsBronzallure you can find:
- Round neck with pearls: this necklace with spherical and shiny pearls is made up of a rolò chain, fine, refined and luminous thanks to the 18-karat rose gold-plated details. Perfect to combine with bracelets and other creations in the collection.
- Earrings with pearls: elongated in shape and with blush pink shades, this jewel combines the elegance of the pearl with the charm of rose quartz to create a unique and particular accessory.
- Long necklace with pearls and Golden Rose details: an ideal accessory for a daily look and for special events: this necklace combines spherical pearls with a delicate color and bright Golden Rose details to ensure timeless elegance to show off on any occasion.
- Trilogy ring with stone and pearl: a creation that encloses bright freshwater pearls together with a unique stone such as faceted rose quartz. Furthermore, the Golden Rose base immediately gives a romantic and refined aura to a contemporary woman who does not give up the classic taste of an iconic model, but revisited thanks to new surprising shades and colours.
Now that you know differences between freshwater pearls and saltwater pearls and you know how to choose the Bronzallure jewels that best enhance them, all that remains is see our shop to choose the bijoux that will make the difference with your next look!